The aim of the Senior Adult Ministry and Activities is to support and offer means to fulfill the purpose of IBC.
For a complete brochure of all the Senior Adult Ministries CLICK HERE
The Senior Adult Program includes:
- Ministry opportunties in which senior adults may participate
- Outreach ministry to the senior adults of the church and community
IBC welcomes all ages to participate in the ministries and activities of the Senior Adult Program. Younger adults are encouraged to participate in the ministries to the seniors, and they are welcome to enjoy the Christian fellowship experienced during the ministries and activities.
Each October, our Senior Adult ministry sponsors Octoberfest. This is an excellent opporunity to invite members of the community to participate in crafts and yard sale booths while having the opportunity to enjoy breakfast and/or lunch! It is a great time to shop for the upcoming holiday season.
Senior Adult Council
All ministries and activities are planned and implemented by the Senior Adult council. The Council is open to ANYONE who would like to serve. Others who are encouraged to attend the meetings and serve on the council are the Sunday School teachers of Departments II and II and some of IV and the coordinator(s) of each of the ministries and activities. The council meets the fourth (4th) Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
At least two events are planned for each year: Senior Adult Appreciation Day (spring) and an entertaining fellowship (fall). Senior Adult Day is a day to honor and recognize all 55+ for their faithfulness and ministry.
Breakfast and Bible study
On the first Tuesday of each month, a delicious "home-cooked" breakfast is served. Music and an in-depth Bible study follow. This is an excellent opportunity to invite neighbors and friends who do not attend a Bible study or church.
Inglewood members visit, telephone, and/or correspond with those unable to attend church on a regular basis. Twice a year, deacons, homebound visitors, and friends serve the Lord's Supper to those who would like to participate.
Nursing Home Ministries
Visitation and worship times are held at two local nursing homes:
- On the third (3rd) Wednesday of each month, the residents at Imperial Gardens (formerly Imperial Manor) gather for music and a devotional. IBC members are encouraged to visit during that time and also volunteer to sing or lead a short devotional.
- On the fourth (4th) Monday of each month, IBC visitors gather at Jackson Park and go "door-to-door" to visit with each resident.
Retirement Center Ministry
On the fourth (4th) Sunday of each month, the residents of Windlands Retirement Home meet in the activities center for singing and an in-depth Bible study. IBC members are encouraged to visit during this time for fellowship and ministry to the residents of Windlands.
Senior Adult Trips
Seniors and other IBC members have two opportunities for travel and fellowship:
- Each month a short trip is planned for a lunch outing (dutch treat) and an enjoyable time of Christian fellowship.
- Vacation trips are planned annually. Some of the trips have included New York City, Calloway Gardens, Savannah, and New Orleans.
Meals on Wheels